Friday, April 10, 2009

Conflicting Accounts of the Cross?



Being Good Friday, I tried to remember at what time of day Christ was crucified (you would think after 14 years of Christian school, this information would easily be recalled to mind, but alas, no, it has gone the way of geometry and the Periodic Table of the Elements), so I turned to the internet for a quick answer. I didn't know a simple search would result on my stumbling on a major theological debate. According to the Gospel of Mark, Christ was crucified around 9am. However, according to St. John, it was noon. There are a number of sites out there that use these differences as proof that the Bible is chock full of error. Some use this to bolster their views of Christianity being a sham and to boost their agnostic/atheistic views. However, I found a good article which breaks down the passages without tearing apart the authenticity of the Bible. You can find it here.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!