Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The King's Legacy Reigns in the World of Pop

I was thinking this morning of the many Pop/R&B performers who owe a great deal of their success to Michael Jackson. From tight dance moves to fun, flirty lyrics, many of today's most popular artists have taken plays from the Michael Jackson playbook. Below are some links to videos that highlight the King’s continual influence in Pop.

Omarion- "Touch"

Justin Timberlake- "Like I Love You"

Alien Ant Farm- "Smooth Criminal"

Fall Out Boy- "Beat It"

Ne-Yo- "Because of You"

Chris Brown- "Kiss Kiss"

Usher- "U Remind Me"

Fabolous- "Baby"

Genuwine- "So Anxious"

Mariah Carey- "I'll Be There"


Check out the viedo below for an all-star tribute to MJ:






Got some more songs to add? Leave a comment and share!





There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!