Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This Is No "Superstition"- Lenny Kravitz Is Going God's Way


In this Telegraph interview, rocker Lenny Kravitz describes giving up his sexual past ("...he believed it was wrong to have sex without being married. 'Obviously,’ he conceded, 'I break the law. I don’t like to, and I ask for forgiveness, and I try not to do it as much as possible. I’m just like, “God, forgive me.”’) and embracing celibacy ('It took years to get it right. To actually do it, and really try to walk the walk and not just talk it. It’s not like it’s not important – I think sex and intimacy and all that is very important. It’s just that I’m going to do it with my wife.’ He laughs. 'And not everybody else.’)

Awesome article. Being celibate isn't about a bunch of "no's" but about freedom from sexual sin. Freedom which makes me think of my fav Lenny song, "Fly Away."

4 comments:

Mr. Woolf said...

I agree, it's most definitely about freedom, not legalism
Blessings,
Mr. Woolf

Alisha De Freitas said...

Hi Mr. Woolf,

How are you? Thanks for leaving a comment. I'm glad to hear you agree... I often wonder how Christian men deal with this. Society makes it seem insane that anyone would choose chastity, but I feel the onus is usually placed on females to maintain the standard (even amongst Christians), which kind of sends a message to dudes that you'll get a pass in this area. So how do you deal with it? Not to put you in the spotlight, but if you don't mind sharing, I'd love to hear.

Mr. Woolf said...

Well, all I can say is that I've never really seen it as an option. I dated my ex-fiance for 3 years, and we were chaste, it really just takes a determination to just decide that this is the way you want to be, regardless of what others say. I don't think there's any other way to conquer this, and some don't ever, it's a difficult sin that if you even give up to the possibility of it occurring, it will,
Blessings,
Mr. Woolf

Alisha De Freitas said...

It is a slippery slope. I think it's great that you maintained your chastity (see, men, it can be done!!!)Thanks for sharing!

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!