Saturday, July 18, 2009

30 Might Be The New 20, But 27 is NOT 17


Tre sexy, right? My taped-up leg, keeping the knee cap straight.


I've been on a sabbatical of sorts for the past week, which was supposed to be a staycation from work but wound up being a non-stop barrage of physical therapy appointments and blood work tests. This whole medical mess started about three months ago when my left knee swelled up like a sausage. This has happened to me a few times before, ever since I injured it in 2003. What alarmed me in April was all the pain and weakness that came with it. Fast forward to the present, and I'm spending about five hours a week in PT bootcamp, which is good, but brutal. They work me so hard I'm left totally exhausted and fall asleep for like 3-5 hours afterward.

Making things more complicated... I just found out through said blood tests that I'm going to need treatment for hyperthyroidism. Which might explain why I feel so extra fatigued and sore.

I'm feeling optimistic though- when I'm not knocked out sleep that is (I slept for a good 11 hours last night). I know what's wrong and I'm getting treatment. I know I have quite a long way to go, but I'm proud. I am pushing 30 more pounds this week on the equipment compared to the previous week, which means I'm getting stronger. And after just two weeks, I can see calf muscles popping out (which I actually think IS sexy). So although I'm no where near I was at 17, I'm sure I can get to be the best 27 year old I can be. And that's not bad.

(If you have the chance, I'd appreciate prayers... and let me know if you'd like me to pray for you!)

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!