Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MJ's Music Won't Stop- Hip Hop Can't Get Enough


My apologies to readers who might be growing tired of my posts on Michael Jackson's music. But please note I'm covering the MUSIC not the MAN. There will be no speculating, gossiping or spreading rumors on this site. Just celebrating the Gloved One's albums and continual impact on the music of today. If you haven't guessed by now, I'm a music lover- in college, I majored in English with the goal of entering into the world of Arts & Entertainment journalism. I wrote for two of my university's papers reviewing CD's, covering concerts, and reporting on the world of Pop/Hip Hop/Soul/Jazz. Although my "career" never amounted to more than a few articles for Vibe and a rejected piece for another Hip Hop mag, my love for music never diminished. Music captures the time period during which it was created- it is the soundtrack for history. And my personal history had quite a few MJ songs playing in the background. So bare with me!

Judging by the many Hip Hop artists who have sampled Michael's music, I'm not alone in thinking his songs are lyrical gold. Below is a song list from Imeem which lists the Top 10 Hip Hop songs borrow from MJ (Did you know Tupac and Ol' Dirty did? Quite interesting...)

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!