Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Answer: "Yes"


The original Bojangles. Today's hip hop artists do their own version of shucking and jiving, complete with grills, video chicks and rented mansions.

This article asks "Are Hip Hop Artists "Bo-Jangling" for the Dough?" My answer is the title of this entry. I think a better question is when did it all begin? When Producer Diddy slid on his shiny suit and pretended to rap? Or when Fifty Cent bragged about being shot 9 times to prove how hard and real he is... even though his first video negated his street cred when viewers saw his "creation" by Eminem and Dr. Dre? So Lil' Wayne is a caricature of a rap artist... the current, dismal state of hip-hop has been coming for at least a decade.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!