Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Always Giving Samaritan...

...Diva posted this blog yesterday, and I found it a good reminder to not forget to give credit to Him who truly deserves it. Here's an excerpt:

"I was watching a commercial on television, where one person told someone a idea and another person took credit for the idea, then that person told another person, never telling who told them the original idea.

We steal Jesus thunder everyday when we don't give Him , his proper due, the glory due His name....

St. Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

We drive nice cars, wear beautiful clothes, jewelry , great hair styles, and lined haircuts, .....We live in good homes, have great jobs, our children are doing well and in good health, yet knowing and processing all this , yet we take the credit for everything thinking within ourselves its all about us..

the Word says the earth is the Lord and the fullness there of, We are without God nothing ! Styled as a brand plucked out of the fire...It takes the spoken Word of God that has creative power for us to become anything worthwhile......"

To read "Who's Stealing You Thunder" in it's entirety, click here.

2 comments:

Christine A Mayo said...

My most beautiful Diva sister, I just stumbled across this, Thank you so much for this... yout site and writings inspire and bless me, when I am looking to be refreshed, I stop by your site among many and I was shocked to see my own words.... thanks again for the encouragement and for the facebook add! you are a blessing! keep on keeping it real, don't let society water you down..... your generation is speaking Volumes......

Alisha De Freitas said...

You're so welcome! I stop by your site (and now FB page) because you're so on fire for the Lord! If I ever get to meet you, I'm going to give you a huge hug! :-)

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!