Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Crazy Love of God


Yesterday I started reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, and I'm quickly falling in love with this book! On Tuesday, I brought it oddly enough at a supermarket (it shared space in the red plastic basket with a birthday card, a box of Goya yellow rice, a can of pink beans, Italian sausages and a five mini-pumpkins). It has turned out to be the best purchase I've made in a long time (even though the beans and rice were quite deelish).

Being a cradle Christian, I've always had the Bible, church and ministries around me. Unfortunately, because of this early and constant immersion in churchiness, there have been a few stretches of time in my life where God seems to get old. Of course I still love Him, but like any relationship, there are hot times and cold ones, and unless I put in the extra effort, I'll end up lukewarm, which is a dangerous place to be. On a side note, if you're curious if you might be slipping into staid, check out these ten questions and you should get the answer.

I'm only on the first chapter, and already I'm feeling my spiritual temperature rise. I wanted to share one of the videos readers are supposed to watch as they go through the book (it's interactive- you read passages and then view videos on the books official website). I got the video below from YouTube though, so it has a few different videos on various topics by Francis Chan. They're all good, but I want you to pay close attention to the first one "Stop And Think."


0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!