Saturday, October 10, 2009

If Obama Can Win A Nobel For His Potential...

Barack might have been surprised here while speaking to school children, but not as surprised as the WORLD when it was announced that he won the Nobel Peace Prize yesterday morning.


... then I'm sure my Pulitzer is about to be awarded. K was confused too, and added, "It's like Drake getting a Grammy now." If one thing is certain, The POTUS' win has united people from all across the political spectrum to ask, "Huh?", followed up by a "What the...?" Hey, even Obama himself was surprised.

I was left scratching my head with this choice. Sorry, but it reeks of, at best, a pathetic ploy of partisan politics, and at worst, over adulation of the very charismatic Prez, which cheapens the award to a popularity contest. Either way, it was wrong. If Gandhi somehow never won despite the many ways he ACTUALLY promoted peace, no one should ever win based based on potential or the highest of intentions.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!