Friday, October 2, 2009

Somehow, I Don't Think This Is What Paul Had In Mind About A "Holy Kiss"


Forget studying the Bible for hours, learning apologetics, handing out tracts or spending time in prayer... no, if you REALLY want to reach wayward sinners, you simply need to date them. At least according to Tamara, who runs Date To Save.com, dedicated to spreading the good word that hot chicks can help fill empty pews by simply being... hot.

Tamara (over) shares, "...
I'm a Christian woman who loves Jesus Christ and cares for all humans, even the wicked. What you probably don't know is that I'm hot... I want to use my beauty for GOD, and want to encourage Christian women (my sisters in Christ) to do the same, according to the Great Commission. So, I created this web page for information regarding the calling of Missionary Dating. First of all, it helps that you're good looking. Romans 12:1 says "to offer your bodies as living sacrifices." Since our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19), it makes sense that we should use our beautiful bodies to glorify HIS name, the Holy Spirit will work the strongest since He's in our body, right? That's the best position to be in!"

Ok, wow. I don't know if she's serious, since the site also has a link to an e-store to buy products such as a "Flirt to Convert" fitted tee, but I wouldn't be surprised. A little repulsed, but not surprised. Although I consider myself a hot girl, and now a hot wife, I'm glad I stuck to the more traditional forms of witnessing. After all, the only laying on of hands I did as a single girl in the service of Christ was in prayer.

4 comments:

drewjustice said...

The Bible makes it relatively clear that Christians (especially women) shouldn't marry unbelievers. I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea she suggested, except that Christians should theoretically be dating people that they might potentially marry. Therefore, dating unbelievers seems like a bad move.

Alisha De Freitas said...

Hi Drew,

I'm hoping this girl is kidding (she's kidding, right?). So she dates a guy, he finds Jesus, and then she dumps him right after the sinner's prayer? And then says, "Well, it's over between us... but Jesus will never leave you or forsake you. Buh-bye!"

Eww. While theoretically it might be ok, in practice, it would be horrible! Thanks for leaving a comment!

Lakeyia C said...

I'm SO sure this was NOT what King Lemuel's mother had in mind when she instructed him on 'the wife of noble character' in Proverbs. As a matter of fact I distinctly remember reading "charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting...". Also Peter reiterated that same concept when he spoke about 'true beauty' in 1 Peter 3. Also while Tammy is taking 'reaching the lost' to extreme matters, she forgot to read the many passages that guides christian females on what to look for in an acceptable male suitor. 1 Corinthians 7:39 would be a good place to start. Bless!

Alisha De Freitas said...

Lakeyia,

You're right on point with your comments. Do we really need the Paris Hilton-ifcation of Christian dating?

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!