Saturday, October 31, 2009

Support Me!



Ok, it's not me, so much as the group I volunteer for, Literacy Volunteers of New Jersey (part of the nationwide Literacy Volunteers of America). My chapter, LV-Union is "a non-profit organization that improves the lives of adults in our county by teaching them to read, write and speak English so they can participate more fully in family, workplace and community life. LV-UC provides quality instruction to adult learners by training, mobilizing and supporting volunteers as certified tutors in basic literacy, life skills and English as a Second Language."

I've been working as an ESL tutor off and on for the past 5 years, and it's been a blessing to help others build their reading and writing skills. So now dear FAR readers, I'm asking you to help make a difference by donating a few bucks (really, skip a grande caramel macchiato from Starbucks and you'll have just about $5) to this great cause.

To donate, just click here. Thanks!

My thermometer is not hot, and neither is my fundraising skills, so I've taken to the blog to shill for donations.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!