Thursday, October 8, 2009

Under Construction!


So the Far Above Rubies site is undergoing some major changes, most of which you can see now (although there are more changes ahead). I decided to nix the red and cream hued flower motif (which screamed "I write poetry! Read my haiku!") for a more streamlined, professional website-look (which admittedly, with the current shade of blue in the headers does look like Facebook). I could not have managed the switch without the help of my wonderful (and incredibly sexy) husband, K, who spent a couple of hours last night playing with the CSS code (whatever that is) to get the links to actually work. My Knight is a IT King, and if you're reading this (I know you are), thank you so much. You don't just believe in my writing, you help me with it, and I appreciate that. You're awesome, babe.

Ok, for the rest of my readers, I'll stop with the smoopiness, and ask you to bare with the construction, which at least in cyberworld, does not result in detours, closures or traffic jams. Maybe just a few broken links.

3 comments:

Keiron said...

HEY... THE DESIGN ROCKS!!!

josephflemming1 said...

Love the upgrades to the Site, Nice!!

Alisha De Freitas said...

Thanks! I hardly believe this is my blog. I love it!

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!