Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things (of 2009)


I wanted to share a few of my favorite things, through pictures, that occured this year. Without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite thing, isn't a thing, but a person, little Miss Saphirra Jael, my best friend Giddel's baby girl, who was born this summer. She's just gorgeous!


Over MLK weekend, we jumped on the Turnpike (for all you non-New Jerseyans, I-95) and headed south to Philly to take in the sights. I finally saw the Liberty Bell for the first time in my life. The most surprising thing was how small it was in real life!


My sister Joscelyne, who I mention a lot, received her Bachelor's in Business this February after six and a half (!) years of school. She did go part time partially and changed majors, which slowed her down. But the biggest feat was the fact she went to college despite being a single teen mom, and as a married, 24 year old, she finished. I'm super proud!


In April, K and I decided to paint the bedroom a relaxing shade of blue. I called it Rhapsody in Blue.

On Independence Day, we borrowed my mom's backyard to try grilling for the first time. We got a cheap little grill from Wal-Mart, some dogs and burgers and started a new tradition.

On July 7th, my niece Sophia (Jos' daughter), turned one. The Princess had a fun barbeque birthday party.

In October, K and I celebrated our one year anniversary, despite my illness keeping us from actually celebrating. Marriage is hard, but it can be a true blessing.


And just a week ago, Christmas! It was quiet, just me, K and a friend, but it was so nice. Plus, I got a Mr. Coffee Espresso/Cappuccino Maker. And it's awesome!

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!