Thursday, December 3, 2009

Proverbs 22:6 in Action

I have friends who have kids who (unfortunately) have picked up the ugly habit of cursing. The tots first mumbled a four letter word at two, and were giggled at (Um, not by me. I did not find it hilarious. I flashed forward to their middle school years. Then shuddered.) by their amused parents. By four, the kids (suddenly to their parents' horror) were cussing like preschool sailors. Potty-mouthed preschoolers have become quite a problem of late- both Britney Spears and Nadya Suleman have made tabloid news this year, not only for their own exploits, but for their sons' trash talk.

So, of course I am super thrilled to hear children praying, singing or talking about God. While quite a few little girls can sing "Umbrella" while backing it up like Beyonce, it's not as often you hear a hymn coming from little mouths. I posted this video of Hannah's Prayer a little while ago, and I'm pleased to share this video of my friend Lakeyia's four year old son, Zade, reciting The Lord's Prayer.

2 comments:

Lakeyia C said...

Awwww Li! =-) Omgosh Britney's kids are cussing?!?!? Yea we have to be careful what drops on our kids ears.

Alisha De Freitas said...

Your son is so cute! Such a star. Yeah, kids are sponges. They absorb the good and the bad. Zade is being taught right.

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!