Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Be My Guest: Poetri In Motion


"When power leads man towards arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses." ~John F. Kennedy


Spring is in the air, and poetry is in my spirit, thanks to my perusal of the My Medium Blog, authored by Poetri in Motion. As I was sipping my coffee this morning, I read one of her latest, "The Color of Coffee", and well, I'm feel very... caffeinated, ha ha. I figured I'd share it here, and encourage you all to go check out her site. We all get enough power struggles throughout the day- it's nice to be cleansed by poetry.


The Color of Coffee

He is…
The color of coffee
Light and sweet
Yes…
He-
Awakens
Me-
To…
Eye opening-
Clarity
And I savor
The aroma
Of his-
Flavor-
Mellow...
With just a hint of…
Cin
-na
-mon...

The-
Essence…
(sigh…)
Of his-
Fragrance
(sigh…)
Enchants me
To dine…
So I amassed
My thoughts…
My dreams…
Imagination’s delight
That were kept out of mind-
That were kept out of sight
Once neglect
-ed
In fact direct
-ed
On a course
Of sure distruction-
Affection?
Still questioning some decisions…
But he-
Gathers me-
Yes he-
Pours…
(sigh...)
Himself
Into me-
And I
Am-
Filled
With
Imagination’s-
Pregnancy
Revived to-
Lyrically…
Deliver
Destiny’s infancy

His breath-
Is life
And I-
His clay…
With eyes agape
I allow
Love's dictation
To start
Regeneration
Of spirit's potency
Within the shell
Left of me
He lifts-
My chin
And I survey...
The sun’s-
Beams;
Kiss the sky’s-
Rim;
She ascends…
And…
(sigh…)
A tear-
Filled with
Un-
Spoken language
Un-
Written sound
Travels my cheek…
Melancholy?
No-
Beauty...
Positive
-ly
That is "HE"…
I think-
Of him-
His skin-
The color of coffee
Light and sweet
And I am awakened…

-Poetri

2 comments:

Christine A Mayo said...

Hey Sis stopping in while drinking my coffee and I see a poem on Coffee, great writings! have a blessed day!

Alisha De Freitas said...

Thanks a lot for stopping in! I was sipping coffee when I saw this, too. Glad you liked it. Have a great day. :-)

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!