Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ask Far: Anonymous Questions


I use Formspring (you can go to the bottom of the home page to check it out) as a way for readers to ask me questions anonymously (although you don't have to... you can leave your name if you like). Here are a few I've received recently:

Q: In your opinion, does The Book of James offer any contradictions whatsoever towards all else found in The Holy Bible?

A: No, not at all. I know for many, even Martin Luther who had a big hand in starting the Protestant Reformation, the book of James is problematic. Luther actually wanted the book removed since he felt it pushed works over faith, or would confuse people to believe they could earn their salvation.


Q: Mines is Psalms 41. What is your absolute favorite Psalms?

A: Hands down, without a doubt, Psalms 91.

Q: Have you accepted Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Savior? by strippers4jesus

A: Yes, I did as a little girl. Um, why are you a "stripper for Jesus"? Jesus wants us to love, serve and obey Him. Eh...where's does stripping fit into the equation? Is it like an X-rated "missionary dating" type thing, but with a pole??? *confused*


Q: Why do you suppose some tweeters have chosen to unfollow your account after receiving your encouraging morning scriptures?

A: Because I don't think everyone views it as "encouraging". Scriptures are foolishness to some people. So as long as I tweet about boredom, music, current events, food, whatever... some are happy. But the BIBLE??? Eww, lol.

In the words of Kanye in Jesus walks: "They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?"

If you want to ask me a question on Formspring, you can click here.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!