Monday, November 15, 2010

Be My Guest: "Kanye's Conceit" by Rising Pheonix

 Kanye wages an epic battle... with his mouth.


Earlier today on Twitter I posted a link to an MSNBC story on how Kanye West canceled his scheduled Black Friday performance on the "Today Show":

"The hip-hop star announced the news in a tweet posted Friday morning. "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons," he wrote.

On Thursday, TODAY aired an interview with West that focused on his comments about former President George W. Bush's reaction after Hurricane Katrina.



West took offense to how the interview was handled. TODAY maintains he was treated no differently than any other guest."

My friend Cat, also known as the Rising Pheonix, who I profiled here, wrote this great response. Too great for just a combox, so I'm posting it here:

"Here are my thoughts on the link you posted on Twitter with the Kanye Interview. I just HAD to let you know what I thought. ♥This just reinforces my dislike of the way Kanye carries himself. His attitude and his immediate annoyance when it comes to little things is what gets him into trouble.  

...1. Don't act on impulse, and people will actually ask you about... what you're doing, not what you've done.

 2. Don't get upset over trivial things. 

He, of all people, knows that life is bigger than that.The fact that he canceled his concert with the TODAY show is ridiculous. Just shows he should have done research on the interview protocol BEFORE HAND so he could either know what would happen (concerning clips) OR cancel the interview.

P.S. In the interview he says, "I did not know the power of my words" referring to when he called Bush a racist on air during Hurricane Katrina. Um... excuse me... Kanye? How could you not know the power of your words when you're a rapper?"

Considering West's new media trainer has just quit, it looks like it would be best for Kanye to quickly realize the power of his words.

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!