Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fall for These Fashions!

I've decided to go ahead and do a Fashion post since my "Be My Guest" Fashion Contributor Ameerah has been too busy to...contribute. :-(

But she has been awesome with picking out hair accessories for me, so I'm not upset, he he. So first up:

Get Your Head Right!

 Here Ameerah models a pretty yellow scarf that can be worn all year round. Although we typically drape scarves around our necks or shoulders to keep warm, there's no reason we can't wrap them dramatically around our heads, a la Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's".


Here I contemplate which headband I'll wear next while wearing this double strand floral print one. It has an expandable back, so it'll stretch to fit girls with even the thickest of hair, like me, lol. By the way, Ameerah picked this out!

 I am a hat girl, so this time of year is especially fun for me since I can pull out my collection. Here, my sister Joscelyne (yeah, we both have the same glasses, lol) wears an army green wool cap with visor. It has been popular the past couple of seasons thanks to the trend in military inspired gear.

Naomi's horizon is bright... and so is her richly patterned headband. A simple ponytail is transformed into a harmonious hair do with the right accessory.

 Go Billie Holliday classic- with a funky 80's spin all updated for the new millennium. Here I wear a purple flower with a clip that can also double as a pin for jackets for a Carrie Bradshaw-look.

 Chammine shows how Men's style can easily be tailored for the Ladies with this cute, flipped brim fedora. A mix of red, pink, baby blue and purple softens the light brown.

Tre chic! Ameerah wears a pretty pink beret to add splash to a gray and black ensemble. Don't be afraid to add a dash of color to accent an outfit.

Like a warm cozy sweater- for your head! Kathy pairs a wool brimmed cap similar to Joscelyne's in style with a fuzzy green scarf and tan insulated coat. Her hat works to pull the earth tones of her whole outfit- down to her earrings- together nicely.

 Practical and fashionable- here the scarf works to hold back Cat's thick long curls so she can focus on her art. Where Ameerah's scarf screams for attention, Cat's sheer black number subtlety draws attention by matching the sheen and color of her blouse.

Feeling daring? Or just really cold??? Lol. Take a chance on an eskimo-style hat like Amber's. For all my animal-loving readers, remember, faux fur is a safe alternative.


Yajaira shows off perhaps THE biggest fashion statement this year- the bow. The bow has made a reappearance on shoes, socks, dresses, skirts, shirts, and even jewelry. So of course it would make sense this simple look- both girlish and lady-like, would be all the rage as hair clips and on headbands.


Have a picture you want to submit showcasing your head-of-the-class style? Email me at alishadefreitas@gmail.com!

4 comments:

babycham_86 said...

i love it, i have an addiction to accessories and i just love this particular part of your blog, especially my pic :P

thanks li li for using me in your blog and omg have i got some serious shopping to do after this much neded inspirational fall for these fashions post x

Alisha De Freitas said...

They'll be more coming! I'm planning to feature glasses, jewelry, tees and great websites very soon!

Alisha De Freitas said...

And thanks for being one of my models!

babycham_86 said...

your very welcome, hope to do it again sometime x

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!