Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Truly Thankful




I received a letter from my friend David which captured a typical day in his and his family's lives- and showed a true spirit of thankfulness. I asked if I could share it and he said yes, so here goes:


"...The year 2010 has been one of incredible change! So much has happened. So much has transpired that forced us well beyond our comfort zone. But we are the stronger and wiser for it. 


I'll tell you right now, our kids are nuts. Sapphira has absolutely no fear, and Benaiah is a maniac. Their antics devour the lion's share of each day's activity. But in it, there is something beautiful. I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I wanted today. Though what exactly I hoped to accomplish remains in question. I tried to read a book, study a poem, and analyze a championship game chess game. Instead I spent time with my kids. (More like they forcefully invaded my space and comandeered the chess set!) I chaffed inwardly over the loss "productivity" but somehow knew I was thinking foolishly. At the end of my life, I'll not remember a line from a poem, the theme of a novel, nor the decisive move in a chess game, but the times I spent with my wife and children will be with me forever.


Love is miraculous like that. It's a good life, no? For all the antics and difficulties life so readily offers, we have love, and love is enough...."

I cannot say it better myself. Happy Thanksgiving.                

1 comments:

Living, Loving @ Laughing said...

Happy Thanksgiving! thanking God for your friendship ! Be blessed!

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!