Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nine Months Old- and Relaxed?!?

 A scene from Chris Rock's "Good Hair" in which a little girl has her hair relaxed.


No, that isn't a trick headline. I saw this video on Black Girl Long Hair and was shocked... and appalled. In this YouTube post, a pretty little three year old is asked about her relaxed, badly damaged hair. According to her mom, she received her first relaxer at just nine months old! Here it is:




As I commented on BGLH, I think this is a form of child abuse. I don't believe her parents had bad intentions, but it's still horrifying they would subject their baby to chemicals that has now resulted in her having to take medication.

What do you think?

0 comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!