Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back Alleys and Beiber: Hollywood & Abortion



I just saw this Move On.Org ad featuring Lisa Edelstein from "House":



Meanwhile, Justin Beiber, while bashing the U.S. health care system, has come out to say that he is against abortion: "I really don't believe in abortion. It's like killing a baby?" And as for extenuating circumstances, such as rape? "Um. Well, I think that's really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I don't know how that would be a reason. I guess I haven't been in that position, so I wouldn't be able to judge that."

1 comments:

Arkanabar T'verrick Ilarsadin said...

I have my own response to those who wish to abort children of rape:

When a woman becomes pregnant through rape, we have not one victim, but two. The woman is clearly a victim of his violence, hatred, and rage. But the rapist's child is his victim every bit as much as his or her mother. It is irresponsible to sire a child you will not rear, and yet this is exactly what happens when rape results in pregnancy. What sort of justice demands that we execute the victim of a crime?

By no means do I intend to suggest that a woman who enters motherhood through rape be required to rear her child; adoption seems entirely appropriate to me in such circumstances.

And when they ask about children of incest, I point out that the one most likely to drag a minor who is raped by a relative off to an abortuary to have an abortion is the guilty party, her monstrous father, stepfather, or other male guardian. In that case, the abortionist is an accessory after the fact.

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!