Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Post 400! My Baby Bump!

So this is my 400th post on FAR, which is cool since I figured I'd have gotten bored with blogging about a year ago, but haven't. So to celebrate, here is a peek at my burgeoning belly and a little bit of a hair update as seen through pictures.

Baby Z is making an appearance... kind of, lol. Also, as you can see, I'm still natural. I have been tempted to go back to relaxing about three times in the past three months, but I still haven't. I did, however, put a rinse in just before Christmas to cover up my barely there highlighted ends and graying roots. And yeah, I'm being honest, I'll be thirty next year, despite the baby face, and my hair is proof of it.

I style my hair by doing two strand twist outs almost exclusively. It's far to cold for wash and go's, so this style is easiest for me. I start by washing (or co-washing), then conditioning. I've learned to section my hair in two while washing and conditioning and use a shower comb to pull through knots while the conditioner is still in my hair.

I then smother on a leave in like Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue or a butter cream. I section my hair into parts and then twist. The final piece are soft cloth rollers I purchased at Wal-greens, but I have also gone old school and used brown paper bag rollers (how's that for going green?). Either method works well. I like to use rollers because the tips of my hair are still relaxed (almost all gone now) and I honestly have some pretty confused hair (some parts kinky, others curly, some straight from the root). The rollers act to give my hair some uniformity.

This might seem like a lot of work, but it's actually not. The whole process (washing, conditioning, twisting, rolling) takes about an hour and a half since I don't twist my hair in very small sections. The best part is, as a working mom-to-be, this will last me for days. When it starts to get too frizzy (and I actually like it when gets a bit poofy and wild), I 'll just re-twist a few parts and go to bed, untwisting in the morning. And then I'm good to go. To give it a little variety, I sometimes pin part back like in the picture, add a hair band, or give myself some funky bangs by removing the part.



I'm sure in a few months, I'll look back fondly at the time I was able to look down and still see my toes. The baby is already kind of long, and I seem to be carrying more out as opposed to around, even though my waist has spread.


Here's Baby Z at 12 weeks. I'm 17 now, so Baby is much bigger. I'll be going for another special 3D sonogram in two and a half weeks, so check back for more pics. And by the way, Z, in my opinion, totally looks like Daddy!

5 comments:

Red Cardigan said...

Both you and Baby look absolutely wonderful! :)

Alisha De Freitas said...

Thank you, Erin! Baby has been making me extra hungry lately, so I don't know how long I'll be looking lovely!

Don said...

Look at Alisha with the baby bump!!

The smile located in your heart is nothing compared to the smile planted firmly across your face, I betcha.

Can you beleive I have never been able to view a sonogram picture and make any sense of it, until I saw the exceptional photo of Z?

Technology is something serious.

Don said...

Also, Happy 400th post!

Alisha De Freitas said...

Lol, thank you, Don. Z does make me smile daily , even if it's not on display at all times for everyone. And can you believe I've done over 400 of these? I really thought I'd have given up by now. :-)

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!