Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flowers for Zoe or Joy in Zion




I've been asked repeatedly nearly every day about Baby Z's sex. When I explain we're waiting to find out, some have asked, "But what do you *really* want?" They seem a bit confounded when I say "Either way, I'll be happy," and that is genuine.

If we are blessed with a little girl, her name will be Zoe Lyne Hope, and this will be her song, "Flowers for Zoe" by Lenny Kravitz. It's very fitting since Keiron picked the name, and he's already had two dreams featuring our smart and beautiful daughter.



If gifted with a little boy, his name will be Zion Immanuel. I fell in love with "Zion" back in high school when Lauryn Hill christened her first born with the Biblical name back in the late 90's. So, if Z is a he, then "To Zion" is dedicated to our little man.



No doubt Z, our heart already, will bring us joy with laughter that will bring music to our ears. <3

4 comments:

Christine A Mayo said...

Oh my goodness ! I am so happy to hear, you are expecting a baby , Congrats to you and your husband ! I thank God for the soon coming expression and manifestion of your love for each other .The names you both have picked out are just wonderful ! Congrats again to you again !

Alisha De Freitas said...

Thank you, Christine! We really appreciate it. Just keep us, especially Baby Z, in your prayers!

Angie said...

Those are wonderful names! Very rare to find names that start with "Z". There is nothing wrong with waiting until the baby is born to find out the gender. You both will be SURPRISED! This will be the best surprise of your life. I will be praying for you all. Take care!

Alisha De Freitas said...

@Angie, thanks! Yeah, Zoe or Zion... those names are special. They don't only sound cool, but have great meanings, too.

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!