Monday, April 18, 2011

Music Malaise: Lady Gaga's "Judas"- No 30 Pieces of Silver Needed


 Didn't Madonna do this whole "Christian/Catholic bashing" thing before, like twenty years ago? Just better? (Photo Credit)


Just in time for Easter, the ever controversial and sacrilegious Lady Gaga is releasing "Judas", which she sings from the POV of Mary Magdalene. I think. Or Peter. Or... I don't know. A sampling of the lyrics: "When he comes to me, I am ready/ I'll wash his feet with my hair if he needs/ Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain/ Even after three times, he betrays me/I'll bring him down, bring him down, down/ A king with no crown, king with no crown".

She continues, "In the most Biblical sense/ I am beyond repentance/ Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind". Uh yeah, speaking of vomit, listen to the song yourself and be the judge. Strange and offensive lyrics aside, the musical track is rather bland and her voice, boring. I think Gaga might be relying too much on controversy and allowing the actual music to become stale.

2 comments:

A Simple Thing said...

*sigh*

Don said...

Lady Gaga should stop this nonsense. Asap.

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!