- 2013 (1)
- My Soul Magnifies The Lord
- In Search of Silence
- In Honor of Pentecost Sunday...
- This Is How He Does It: Montell Jordan Becomes Mus...
- Like A Virgin: Should Celebs Keep Their Sex Lives ...
- Every Tongue Will Confess That ----- ------ is Lor...
- A Sign of the Impending Apocalypse: Suffragettes!
- A Lived-Through Saturday
- Rest in Peace, Nancy
- Facebook is making me [insert adjective here].
- Twenty Questions: May 15, 2012
- True Love Is...
- (Not) Happy And (Not) Gay
- Plan B (The Non-BC One)
- Twenty Questions: May 7, 2012
- RIP MCA
- Single, Saved & Having Sex
- George Will's Touching Article Celebrating his Son...
- Natural Hair Dolls- Now Everyone Can be Barbie Gir...
- Author Deborrah Cooper to Release Controversial Bo...
- 2011 (145)
- 2010 (199)
- 2009 (178)
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Posted by Alisha De Freitas at 11:59 AM
A couple of years ago, I posted a response to an article by Deborrah Cooper about Black women and the Black church. To my surprise, she read the post and responded in the commbox.
Last week, she left a link to the following book trailer:
She also wrote: '"I've just finished a book which takes that discussion to the next level and addresses rampant sexual, emotional and financial abuses in the Black church against black women and children.
Due to be released in May 2012, THE BLACK CHURCH: WHERE WOMEN PRAY AND MEN PREY goes in on preachers that manipulate black women with scripture and guilt, mega churches, the prosperity gospel, and the non-scriptual mandates used by alleged men of God to destroy black women's spirits."
I'm going to try to contact Ms. Cooper for an interview. Would you read her new book?