- 2013 (1)
- I am the Daria of Christians.
- On Plato's Cave & the Ultimate Light
- What, you mean I can't have it ALL?
- Satan's Spiritual Structure
- How to Suck at Mocking Others' Religion
- Ramadan Isn't Lent, and More
- Shades of Corniness
- Politics & Aurora, Colorado
- 56 Things One Man Learned at the Biggest Christian...
- Church Fliers- do they get an "Amen"?
- Um, but it kind of IS a religion, too...
- Rest In Peace, Amber
- Quitting church sucks. But what happens when the C...
- 2011 (145)
- 2010 (199)
- 2009 (178)
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Posted by Alisha De Freitas at 5:35 PM
Last last night, a few blocks from the house I lived in for 25 years, an 18 year old recent high school graduate was murdered.
She was walking with a friend, was stopped, robbed and fatally shot.
Her name was Amber Wilson.
It seems the whole city of Linden, New Jersey is shocked.
This isn't the first time a teen was killed, sadly. In the past couple of years, there have been quite a few stories of violence. Muggings, home invasions, fights.
Yet, with Amber, residents are confounded. She was a popular cheerleader who received her diploma just last month.
According to ABC7: "Amber had a smile that could light up a room," friend Winston Wright said. "Amber was really enthusiastic. She was a fun person to be around. She always had a lot of energy, always a good spirit. So that's why it's kind of baffling to think anyone would do anything like that to a person like that."
Tonight, they'll be a candle light vigil on Hussa Street where Amber lost her life.
Please keep her family, friends and our community in prayer.