Thursday, July 26, 2012

Satan's Spiritual Structure


Oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my. I saw this list and was equal parts confused and amused. I posted it on Facebook, and pretty much no one understood how or why "Vegetarianism" made it on there.

Noticing that handy little asterisk, lets check out the Scripture passages given, shall we?

Ephesians 6:12:

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Deuteronomy 18:9-12:

When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord, and because of these detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the Lord your God.

Reading these passages, I can totally see where things like membership in the Church of Satan, using Ouija boards to contact the dead or Wicca would be no-goes.

Some of these things, I'll admit, I have no idea of what they actually are (Rosicrucianism?).

 This, I suppose, is all kinds of wrong. (Source)


But others leave me with the feeling that many of my Brothers and Sisters in Christ live very frightened lives.

"Dungeons & Dragons"?  I'm guessing this one has been on such lists for several decades, and they should really  pull it off there. Rock music... is this ALL rock music, or just the heavy metal type (again, they might want to move into this century and pull this one off, too)? What about Christian Rock?

Why are "Twilight" FILMS listed, but not the books? Harry Potter? Lord of the Rings? That's interesting as Tolkien was devoted to Christ. Also, I read "The Hobbit" in my junior year English class. At Victory CHRISTIAN Academy. Ha.


I know Christians are steeply divided on things like yoga or studying Eastern Religions. Some stringently say, "no," while others have found much knowledge and inspiration.

My take?

 I John 1:5:

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

2 Timothy 1:7


For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

John 14:27
 
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


I'm covered by the blood of the Lamb. There is far greater things to be concerned about than AC/DC or Metallica. ;-)

4 comments:

Matilda said...

I support you...I dont believe in these things.You are fine as long as you do not engage in things that contradict your faith or affect your reverence for God or invite negativity into your spirit.
Whatever is righteous,meditate on them....Philippians 4:8

Don said...

Not exactly sure what Scientiology consists of, but I've heard it mentioned as if it were a bad thing. I couldn't help but laugh at Harry Potter mention. Potter and video games are selling like hot cakes, especially in America.

I can definitely see a certain structure within it all.

Alisha De Freitas said...

@Matilda, I love Phil 4:8!

@Don, I'm not going to lie. Scientology is very strange to me. Some of it seems good, but a lot just seems... not so good. :-/

Cult Jam said...

Hi, "Satan's Spiritual Structure" was part of a tongue-in-cheek Jack Chick tract spoof that we at Cultjam Productions created to promote our satirical film Ivy League Exorcist: The Bobby Jindal Story --which can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFiu-KrwdXI

The entire Chick tract parody can be viewed on our blog: http://www.ivyleagueexorcist.blogspot.com/

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!