- 2013 (1)
- I resolutely resolve not to make resolutions.
- Great(ly different) Expectations
- A losing battle in the never ending War on Drugs.
- Rolling with the overly self-critical homies.
- What is going on in my newsfeed?
- Interviewing kids in a tragedy... for what?
- Be My Guest: Redefining Tolerance
- Relationship meme fail.
- True it is that covetousness is rich, modesty star...
- My nose is big, uh-uh I'm not ashamed.
- This Christmas.
- All I want for Christmas is...
- Merry Christmas from Linus (and me).
- Are we in the Matrix?
- To those who made us (briefly) look.
- A closer look at the wounds of the Wet Bandits.
- Twilight and butterflies.
- A caffeinated toast to the world not ending.
- Why the world didn't end.
- No, our one year old daughter does not have sexy e...
- Marty over the Mayans.
- Waiting for His coming. Or Advent.
- Deep roots.
- God made him do it, and other fails.
- Innocents loss.
- Do you remember the Black Bart Simpson?
- Footprints, drag marks, it's all good.
- Of snips, snails and/or sugar and spice.
- Your brain on video games.
- The Greatest Hip Hop Song of All-Time is...
- "Jesus is my Boyfriend" songs, or another post on ...
- Aiming at Heaven and getting Earth thrown in.
- You'll shoot your eye out, Kid.
- Requiescat in pace, Brittany Jeffers
- When the bough breaks...
- Invader Z
- I fight sins not tragedies.
- Aren't sonograms amazing?
- 2011 (145)
- 2010 (199)
- 2009 (178)
Friday, December 21, 2012
Posted by Alisha De Freitas at 12:55 PM
My beautiful friend April updated her Facebook status this morning and mentioned she'd done some meditating at 5AM and enjoyed a cup of joe.
I remember years ago hanging out at Van Gogh's Ear cafe with her after she moved back to Jersey after finishing college in Seattle. We didn't get too many opportunities to do this since she got married shortly after and moved to Florida (and then Cali, and then North Carolina, and then... ha!). So I figured we could have coffee, social network style. So I posted the picture above and tagged her along with the caption, "Coffee cheers!"
As I was sipping the coffee a few minutes later, I noticed I had grabbed that mug. I laughed. Oh the irony of drinking from a mug with the caption, "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly". Thought the world was over...
Here's to hoping we all can become more grounded, more calm and peaceful while embracing change.
I'll drink to that.