Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Invader Z



Over the last few months, Z has become... I don't even know how to describe her. From the time her tiny toes hits the floor in the morning, she's on the go, like a hurricane. She opens drawers, pulling out every stitch of clothing. She puts her blocks in her dad's shoes, and Cheerios in the bathtub.

She grunts and claps and screams at me, K and her own reflection. She spills her milk so she can smear it into the carpet (I just learned a few months ago that cow's milk will leave permanent white stains on my beige carpet). She hits when she's angry, and eats like a linebacker.

And she is obsessed with all things computerized. She types gibberish on keyboards, sends texts, and makes video calls to her godmother and to Uncle Joe.

 Z chats with Uncle Joe and Aunt Jenny via FaceTime on my iPad.



And she takes many, many, many pictures:


A pic of Z's leg, taken by Z.


And videos:




I've found myself asking, where did she come from? Yes, I know... but still...... who is this little person who's invaded my world so?

My daughter, my daughter, my daughter.

3 comments:

Jesus-in-the-city said...

Lily and I watched your video smiling! She will come out of it soon! Lil had the same stage from about 10-15 months. She's finally started to come out of it now at 17 and be a lot more managable and fun to be with (most of the time).

Alisha De Freitas said...

Well, Zoe is 16 months... I think she's just a wacky kid!

Jesus-in-the-city said...

You never know... It could sneak up on you! I've definitely noticed a big difference in the last two weeks... Let's just call it a more "tempered" wackiness :)

There was an error in this gadget

Picture of The Week

Picture of The Week
K and Z enjoying the Christmas tree.

Pray for Our Nation

Got A Burning Question? Ask Me Here!

Featured Blog Of The Week

Featured Blog Of The Week
Afro-Europe Blog

What I'm Listening to Right Now

What I'm Listening to Right Now
"Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album" by Lupe Fiasco

What I'm Reading Right Now

What I'm Reading Right Now
"Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets"

Twitter

Far Above Rubies's Fan Box

If You Like What You're Reading, Share!

Share |

They Like Me, They Really Really Like Me!